Dispensing Optician – Nailsea (Bristol)
Lynne Fernandes Optometrists are a family-run independent firm of opticians based in Nailsea and Bristol. We are looking to hire a full time Dispensing Optician (or a Trainee Dispensing Optician) to work 5 days per week in the Nailsea practice (commutable from Bristol).
Dispensing Optician – Requirements
- Optical experience essential (would consider candidates for a Trainee DO).
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Reliable team player.
- Good communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
- Dedicated and flexible to meet demands of a growing business.
Dispensing Optician – Responsibilities
- Work within the clinical / dispensing standards under supervision of an Optometrist or Dispensing Optician.
- Take facial measurements on children and adults.
- Be knowledgeable about products, their background, features and benefits.
- Be able to recommend suitable products to customers and use the customers language to explain the features and benefits
- Check and fit spectacles to a high standard.
- Use your knowledge to a maintain high level of customer service in clinical dispensing.
- Be aware of your own KPIs and be proactive in developing and maintaining them.
- Maintain a friendly, warm and welcoming atmosphere in practice.
- Exude a caring, vivacious and gregarious personality to customers and team.
- Pro-actively remain up-to-date with your training and assignments.
- Work with the Practice Team on growing the practice.
Dispensing Optician – Benefits
- Hours: 5 days a week including most Saturdays, 8.45am to 5.30pm (no Sundays or Bank Holidays)
- Salary: between £16,000 to £26,000 (depending upon experience) plus bonus
- 28 days holiday, pension, one free pair of spectacles per year, others at retail price, childcare vouchers, plus much more
- Nice working environment
- Working alongside 2 full-time Optical Advisors, a full-time Dispensing Optician / Practice Manager and a full-time Optometrist
- Excellent career progression and training programme
This role may be subject to DBS clearance.
If you would like to join our warm, friendly professional team, please email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you.Back Next