Advanced Eye Examination with OCT
The Advanced Eye Examination with OCT (Optical Coherence Tomograghy)
At Lynne Fernandes Optometrists we aim to give you the best possible eye care and the highest levels of considered advice and choice. That is why we have invested in OCT technology to take revolutionary scans of your eyes similar to an MRI scan for the rest of your body.
Like ultrasound, OCT uses light rather than sound waves to illustrate the different layers that make up the back of your eye. We also capture a three dimensional cross sectional scan of the back of your eye in one sitting. This allows us to instantly diagnose a number of conditions. The scan is non-invasive, painless, simple and quick. Furthermore, the software can automatically detect even the most subtle changes to the retina with every scan. This gives you an invaluable ongoing record of the health and condition of your eyes.
Common conditions identified through regular Advanced Eye Examination include.
|1 Age related Mascular Degeneration (AMD)|
|4 Mascular Holes|
|5 Posterior Vitreous Detachments (PVD)|
We recommend an Advanced Eye Examination with OCT as it offers significant benefits:
- More detail about your overall eye health
- The earlier detection of changes to your eye health
- We will show you instantly the 3D scans of the back of your eye.
An Advanced Eye Examination takes around 45 minutes:
- 15-20 minutes with a member of our team obtaining a detailed visual field, OCT scans and retinal images
- 25-30 minutes with our optometrist for:
- Detailed questions to learn more about you, your health, your visual needs and your lifestyle
- Assessing your level of vision and obtaining an accurate prescription based on your visual needs
- Assessing whether your eyes work together well as a pair and addressing anything arising
- An in depth eye health examination
- Goldmann tonometry to accurately measure the pressure in your eyes
- Analysis of scans and visual fields
- Discussion, advice and recommendations for eye health, glasses and EyeSense bespoke plan if appropriate.
To give you complete peace of mind you can have an Advanced Eye Examination for only £75 or £50 supplement if NHS entitlement at our Nailsea and Wells Road practices.Back Next